ON CREATION OF MUSICAL WORKS BASED ON THE POETRY BY GURBANNAZAR EZIZOV
(dedicated to 80th anniversary of the poet)
WITHIN THE VI MOSCOW INTERNATIONAL FESTIVAL OF ARTS «SOUNDS OF DUTAR» NAMED AFTER NURY HALMAMEDOV
this section is under developing
The purpose of this competition is to introduce works of the modern composers and new ways in contemporary music, expanding of performing repertoire and promotion of the poetic heritage of the one of the most significant Turkmen poets of the twentieth century – Gurbannazar Ezizov.
The ties of friendship between the composer Nury Halmamedov and the poet Gurbannazar Ezizov were very strong. They had a common sense of the world and they were connected to their art forms. They were born in the same year and both of them tragically left this world too early. Regardless of their young age, they left a legacy and a sounding guidance of their genius creations to the people of their home country and to mankind. The peak of their collaboration can be considered a vocal symphonic poem «In Memory of Fallen Heroes in the Great Patriotic War » — a meaningful work in the biography of young creators.
Jury of the competition composed of famous composers and vocal pedagogues from Russia, Turkmenistan and the United States of America.
In regard to the process of composers’ competition on creation of musical works based on the poetry by Gurbannazar Ezizov
These regulations determine goals, objectives, order and timeline for holding this composers’ competition on creation of musical works based on the poetry by Gurbannazar Ezizov (subsequently – Competition), composition requirements, selection criteria, and results.
Goals and objectives of the Competition:
Competition aims to promote creative heritage of the poet Gurbannazar Ezizov.
- introduction of musical compositions by modern composers and modern musical styles
- expansion of modern performers’ repertoire
Order of conduct
- competition is being held in the nomination «Composition for voice and piano» based on the poetry by Gurbannazar Ezizov
- the length should not exceed 8 minutes
- competition consists of 2 rounds. In the 2nd Round with the result of selected scores, no more than 5 participants are allowed
- distribution of prizes will take place after the Second Round based on the results of auditioned compositions during the final concert
- Competition will be in 2 rounds - 1st Round is selective (off site) and 2nd Round (on site)
- 1st Round (off site) will be held from September 1st through October 1st, 2020, which will include research study of received scores by jury members
- the list of participants for the 2nd Round will be published on «Sounds of Dutar» website no later than October 15th
- 2nd Round, Final will take place on October 28th, 2020 in the Museum-Exhibition Complex of Russian Academy of Arts in the Zurab Tsereteli Gallery of Arts (Prechistenka 19 str., Moscow) in the form of a concert open to public. After performed compositions, there will be a distribution of prizes and placements
- award ceremony of laureates and presentation of musical collection of best works for competition will take place during the Gala-concert of the Festival «Sounds of Dutar» in the «Apple» Hall of Museum Exhibition Complex of Russian Academy of Arts on November 3, 2020
Terms of participation:
- composers who have submitted their own academic works for voice and piano can participate in the competition
- previously published works, or works, which received awards on other composers’ competitions are not allowed to participate as well as compositions whose copyrights were transferred to third parties, are not allowed to participate in the competition
- Jury members will choose winners, who will be announced in the final of the competition
- there is no age restriction for entering composers
- only one composition can be presented for the competition
- composer has the right to use only selected stanzas of the poem for their composition
Determining the winners of the Competition:
- Jury of experts will determine the winners of the Competition
- evaluation criteria as follows: professional knowledge of writing compositional technique and understanding of vocal technical features
- Jury evaluates competition works and determines winners with the voting system. The final score for works is given after adding all the votes given by jury members
- participants, whose works will receive the highest score will become laureates and prize winners in each of nominating category
- the winners of the Competition will be awarded with diplomas of I, II, and III placements and cash prizes
Required documents for registration of participants:
- application for participation (First name, Last name, Middle name and a short artistic biography)
- copy of ID/passport
- musical material must be in a PDF format
- music notation should be in Notation editor Sibelius in order to compile musical material in a musical collection
- audio recording of the composition (if possible)
- composer’s photo for the use in social media platforms and news
Organizing committee has the right to decline any application which does not comply with the regulations of the competition.
Awards and Prizes:
- Winners are awarded with laureate diplomas of I, II and III placements and cash prizes in the amount of 600, 500 and 400 US dollars
- all participants will receive diplomas of participation
- by the end results of the competition, a musical edition will be produced of the best musical compositions
- jury has the right to award special prizes, share awards between participants and reserve the right not to award any prize